General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Eg-life
#346640 I have a 94 eg with a d16z6 engine in it. The previous owner had the wrong engine harness on there so it's kind of butchered and missing plugs . So I purchased the right one and now I'm in the process of replacing it but since it's not really put on there correctly I don't really know what goes where. I can match up most of them but others a I have no idea where they go . Any help would be appreciated . I'm attempting this on Monday.
By teal_dx
#346657 I'd buy a helms or chitons manual. It has a wiring diagram for each year/engine. Plus it's a great boo to have if you plan on working on your car.

Or post a pic of the plugs you're not sure of and we'll help you out. :thumb:
By Eg-life
#346658 Where can I get a helms manual , I know auto parts has the Haynes one but idk if it's as good . Also wondering if u know a site to buy 175-50-15 tires for a good price ?
By Eg-life
#346660 I was actually thinking about going 195-45-15, but would that be too wide? I have 15x8.5 klutch rims. The previous owner had 165-45-15 on them and they are way too stretched. If I do go 195-45-15 are Toyo good tires?
By juls1488
#346661 willtheyfit.com and tyrestrech.com are good resources for determining what size tire you wanna run.
i personally dont think a 195/45/15 on an 15x8.5 would be too wide.
heres a pic from tyrestretch.com of a 195/45 khumo tire stretched onto an 8.5in wheel:
hope that helps
By HeikDiesel
#346665 I can send you a pdf of the pages you are looking for but like teal said a Helms manual is like $80 but they are worth their weight in gold.
By Eg-life
#346667 Yea that would help a lot I'm gonna do it today
By HeikDiesel
Eg-life wrote:Yea that would help a lot I'm gonna do it today

I'm not sure I can get it to you today. It's at home and I wont be home until late. I have the whole helms manual in a pdf but it's way to large to email.
By teal_dx
#346676 Eg-life, I can snap a pic of the diagram from my manual and post it here, but I also won't be home until tonight.

I did find this on google though:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c241/ ... agram2.jpg
By Eg-life
#346677 I got the Haynes manual so gonna look at it in a bit, been at the junk yard all morning looking for some spare parts. But thanks for the help guys
By Eg-life
#346684 I don't need that kind of diagram I basically just need pic of the actual engine so I can see what's plugged in where, especially where the vacuum lines and ground wires go
By Eg-life
#346686 I pretty much got the wire harness figured out except for like one or two plugs put need to look under the engine to find them . I just realized my car is missing the vaccum canister which is why I couldn't figure out the vaccum lines , where can I get one? Also I think it's missing a fuel filter which explains the remaining hoses that have been plugged. I will post some pics.