General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By TENGOKU25
#343902 hey names Joe. and so yeah basically need your thoughts on this problem i have some times

car details
ej2
owned for 2 years
stock d15b7 98k with cheap ebay intake kit
new clutch kit with new ish fly

so some times mostly rarely maybe once every 3 months . i would be out driving normal and i would get a delayed throttle response i would accelerate as normal to shift or some times just to go a little faster and the revs would go up like as if it was in neutral and then come back down till it matched the right revs for the speed. but in this process it would not apply any power . but if i apply the throttle lightly it accelerates fine and have to do that for about 5 minutes and all gos back to how it should.

but it used to do this a lot when i first got the car and when i would accelerate hard such as spinning off it would just rev and not really go any were but then the problem kinda went away and would only return near the end of a long trip when sitting in traffic. so this is my problem

PS problem remained with old clutch
my first thought it was the clutch spinning or bearings but isnt the case as was all replaced 3 weeks
By teal_dx
#343903 Could you smell the clutch burning before, when it did this with the old clutch? What about with the new clutch installed?

When the new clutch was installed, was the flywheel properly surfaced and clutch driven lightly during break in period? Did any oil get on it?

Next thing that comes to mind is the clutch pedal releasing fully, allowing the full force of the clutch to contact the flywheel? (I experienced this when I installed an S2000 master cyl and did not use the proper spacer for the pedal to have full travel.) If the pedal does not travel out far enough or master/slave cal is not fully retracting for some reason, it will act is if you do not have the clutch fully engaged, which will cause it to slip.
By TENGOKU25
#343906 nope no clutch smell or any thing like that even with new and old .

and fly is fairly new and so was the old clutch just turned out to be a bad slave so was replaced and the fly had no marks and was all professionally fitted

but after it was bleeded we did find that it has blown out my master even tho it was only 2 years old so having to get a new one but no leaks with the old but wont engage when fully pressed. has to be slightly half way to engage . but this problem was all happening b4 and rarely does it so stumps me :?