General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jedrick
#342957 What engine fits my car without too many changes? I have a 95 civic coupe looking at getting more power or if someone can convince me to just add parts to mine and get good power out of it I'm all ears I think my engine is a d15
By TrailerTrash
#342961 the question isn't really what engine fits... its more like how much power do you want/how much money do you wanna spend?
By jedrick
#342962 I do want to know what engine would fit, like for example which ones pretty much drop in without me having to change ecu ,engine mounting bracket position etc, bad examples would be the W16 8.0 L or a CAT C32 ACERT too much modification would have to happen to make it possible
By HeikDiesel
#342963 Cat c32 acert wut?
By jedrick
#342965 Its a bulldozer engine
By jedrick
#342966 So what engine do u guys have and why did you get that one?
By lalo
#342967 If u don't want to change a lot then just put a turbo or get a d16.
By TrailerTrash
#342974 there is no other motor that will be more powerful that will drop in place without changing anything.

even a sohc vtec swap would require an ecu change to actually take advantage of vtec and the extra power.
By jedrick
#342977 OK somehow we got off track, I do not mind if I have to change some things I just don't wanna have to change everything because this is gonna be my first swap and I'm gonna do it my self so I wanna keep it simple, what is the diff between me getting a b18 and me getting an h22?
By hondajunkee
#342978 The easiest swap you can do would be a D16z6 out of and EX/SI, they are pretty readily available and cheap and it mounts up to your current transmission you would just need a P28 ecu and running a few extra wires for vtec. You can swap in a B-series pretty easily also and scavenge parts from intergas such as mounts and shift linkage and ecu motor and trans, so it'll cost more then a sohc vtec swap but get you more power potential. An H swap is a whole different ball game, I personally have never done one, but I think for mounts and linkage you have to go all aftermarket so it gets a bit more expensive. but it all depends on what your goals are and how much money you want to spend