General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By BAXTER_EJ1
#42115 Take it up with Haynes, not me... :eh:
By Bob Mknob
#42282 Sorry, I didn't mean to give the impression that I thought you came up with that winner of an idea. I was just attempting to impart an alternative and less messy solution to your concern. :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
#42284 Hahahah, f*ckin taking a gas bath, that would suck having that spraying all over the engine bay!!
By VegasCivic
Greasedmonkey wrote:
stefan wrote:A cold engine doesn't seal as good as a warm engine.
Warm metal expands, a nice example is that military airplane the US has, it leaks like a drunk teenager when on the ground, but is perfectly closed when hot.

But nice write up Teal!! :woot:

Dont talk bad about our SR51 its a awesome jet. The blackbird rocks. I had the GI Joe toy too.

[smilie=BangHead.gif] ...its the sr71, not 51.
By KRYSTED9354
#54731 I've done this a few times and teal everything ur doing is 100$ right, just u have to have 1 person looking at gauge , and 1 person florign the pedal and cranking it for 3-5 cranks , then thats your compression, so it take 2 people to do this no matter what.
By JDM_adam
#173441 Hey i just did a compression test and i got 210psi, 205psi, 203psi and 215psi. Is that good? :?
By JDM_adam
#173458 When I did it I thought it was like abnormally high :eh: Any reason for this?
By Coplies
#225512 So I have the little d15b7 in my eg and got like 100 for all of them. How bad is this?
By Coplies
#225527 250,000. What can I do about it? I probably need new rings huh, it does burn some oil
By teal_dx
#225541 usually it is rings or valve seals. You did do the test with the engine warm, right? a cold motor will have lower #'s because heat expands the metal parts, making the tolerances tighter.
By Coplies
#225685 It was warm :( I used the meter that you have to hold down by hand so that could have yielded lower numbers. If I need new rings I may as well just swap huh?
By Ajax1989
#243218 i got these

cyl#1-100
cyl#2-90
cyl#3-100
cyl#4-115

is that good, and im buring oil too