General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By madhatchride
#331469 ok people so after avid digging help from the internet and from my haynes manuel ive managed to clear every cel on my car :) well now that all thats out of the way it still acts as if its not getting enough fuel i can lay to gas to it and when i do its like ive not got it all the way to the floor it doesnt run all the way through since i have all my codes clear could it be injectors ? fuel pump any suggestions would be great before i take it in to a shop its a b18b swap in a 94 coupe
By TrailerTrash
#331470 have you checked the timing?

and when was your last tuneup?

tuneup as in
fuel filter
plugs
wires
cap
rotor
By suspendedHatch
#331509 Doesn't sound like a fuel problem. BTW The "gas pedal" doesn't squirt gas... it lets air into the engine. It's an air pedal.

Do you have the stock ECU for the engine?

Make sure the timing belt isn't off a tooth.

I agree check the ignition timing.

Do a compression check.
By madhatchride
#331569 tune up is fine compression better be fine there is no smoke cause its a new swap and timing does seem to be a valid problem i think it might have to do with my iat
By madhatchride
#331570 and im running a p75 obd1 ecu
By JohnRM
#331578 It never hurts to check compression. It's free to do and you can rent the tool at your local parts store.
By Fada Blayne
suspendedHatch wrote:Doesn't sound like a fuel problem. BTW The "gas pedal" doesn't squirt gas... it lets air into the engine. It's an air pedal.

Do you have the stock ECU for the engine?

Make sure the timing belt isn't off a tooth.

I agree check the ignition timing.

Do a compression check.

X2
By madhatchride
#331616 do you think my ignition timing is just off cause the motor is supposible "20k full swap"
By TrailerTrash
#331626 20k miles?
By suspendedHatch
#331638 Miles don't matter to timing. The ignition timing is affected when the distributor is moved or as parts wear. The cam timing depends on the timing belt being installed right and all the teeth being in good shape.
By madhatchride
#331649 well that was my question could the ignition timing be off enough to affect it this way or do you think the mechanical timing sounds more like the issue cause like i said the motor should only have 20k miles so there shouldnt of been a timing belt replaced yet am i not right ?
By TrailerTrash
#331650 were you told it only has 20K? or do you actually know for sure
By madhatchride
#331651 the reciept i was printed at the shop said 20k i still have it thats what they sold me the motor as
By madhatchride
#331680 but i also noticed today the head gaskets leaking a lil oil and the valve cover also