General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By alexwiththeeg3
#331333 So my dad changed all the belts (timing, power steering and alternator) on my d13 civic a few days back, and tightened the tapits up to the correct tightness and ever since the engine hasn't quite been the same? The revs dont like to stick to the correct place, for example if I was to start the car up, let the engine warm up, turn it off and then start it back up, the revs will sit at about 400... We've adjusted the distributor and my dad has tried everything he can think of but we just can't seem to get it running as smooth as it used to? Any info on the matter would be much appreciated
By alexwiththeeg3
#331408 Previously idled at around 800 when it was warm, we're thinking the carb needs adjusting as I have a decat pipe and the mixture needs changing
By panic989
#331810 How far was the distributor moved one way or the other? I would say it is your timing being off.
By alexwiththeeg3
#331851 The distributer is at full advance, but it revs idles too high sometime also... I'm thinking if I get the carb adjusted so it isnt as croaky, then I should be able to take the distributer back a little and that should hopefully sort it
By panic989
#331852 Have you looked into a carb rebuild kit? Definitely something to look into. Dammit. I can't remember who makes them though.

If it is full advance that is way too high. You gotta do something about that.
By alexwiththeeg3
#331858 I can't say it is something I've came across? hopefully should be getting the mixture sorted out sometime in the next week so I'll see what happens with that first