General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By mitchkeller87
#331091 The car ran just fine in December when I bought the car. It had D15b with a DC sport header, catback exhaust, and intake. I decided to turbo it and do a small build in January so i bolted everything up and ran it and the car was super rough. After trying to figure out the problem we put the car back to stock. The only thing we left on the car different was a skunk 2 intake manifold and bigger throttle body. Now we turn the car back on and it idles fine but we give it some gas and it will die at 3000 rpm. There is no way to get it over this point. Is my chipped p28 ecu going bad? I need some help cause I am at a lose. I can post a video in the next couple days in need be. Thanks
By JUICE
#331094 Is it throwing a CEL? Stock injectors? Did you get a basemap put on the ecu for the turbo? Sounds like its running in some sort of limp mode.

Also, be sure you don't have the map and iacv connections switched.
By mitchkeller87
#331098 I am running the OEM injectors that come with the motor. There are no CEL lights being thrown. I didnt get a new map for the turbo when it was on, it ran the stock tune. I will have to check the 2 wires today and see if they are switched, what would the motor do if they are switched?
By JUICE
#331100 Run like shit. It's either the map and iacv or map and tps that have the same connection. Check them both.

You might wanna switch back to stock intake mani and tb too. Without boost or a built head, that's actually gonna hurt power and could be the reason it's running rough..
By mitchkeller87
#331193 The wires were switched around, once I switched them back it runs great. I found out my rev limiter is set to 3000rpms also.
By brandoff88
JUICE wrote:Run like shit. It's either the map and iacv or map and tps that have the same connection. Check them both.

You might wanna switch back to stock intake mani and tb too. Without boost or a built head, that's actually gonna hurt power and could be the reason it's running rough..

just so you know its map and tps, I had em switched too hahah...the reason it runs funny is the ecu is trying to get the throttle position from the map...obviously no bueno but easy fix none the less :thumb: its weird when people don't think of this...kinda would make a lot of sense to me if the car ran funny...anywho just passing on some knowledge to everyone who didn't know this already, glad you got it fixed OP