General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By kylenjdm93
#329423 hey guys!

I live in a desert area and it gets extremely hot in the summer and very cold in the winter needless to say we get all 4 seasons here in cracktown

I have a 93 civic eg with k20a r swap and im going to build my own water injection kit

before I do, I wanted to see some of your guys's kits in the bay or trunk were ever you have located it

for those of you who don't know, water / alcohol injection cools down combustion and intake temperatures, cooler temperatres reduces knock, increases power to be made, and gives your engine some more longevity

it has been said by many water / alcohol injection experts that you can increase your octane rating from 91 pump gas octane to 115 if properly done right

I hate paying the 14.00 a gallon for race gas to run my car at the strip, i am looking for the most amount of reliable power out of my k20a before i throw a full race turbo kit on it next winter when she is garaged

the water / alcohol injection works perfectly for turbo and supercharged engines as well

i can provide information on how this all works and provide links as well for those of you who are not familiar with these kinds of set ups

happy posting!

AND LETS SEE SOME PICTURES! :thumb:
By Civic_HatchSI
#329428 Same kit I have in mine, works a1 but the pump is very noisy. It's mounted in my trunk, I will try and get a couple pictures up for you.
By kylenjdm93
#329437 thanks! I appreciate it
By Civic_HatchSI
#329480 Here is my setup, nothing fancy I just have the pump bolted to the floor in the back and the meth jug screwed to the frame. Pump controller is in my glove compartment.

I plan on changing this eventually, I was in a huge hurry last fall to get it installed before I hit the dyno lol...I want to have the pump and jug enclosed, so it wont get damaged.
By kylenjdm93
#329488 looks simple enough minus the wiring but instructions are handy

were does the injection line go, your boosting so does it go in your charge pipe or did you go with direct manifold injection?
By Civic_HatchSI
kylenjdm93 wrote:looks simple enough minus the wiring but instructions are handy

were does the injection line go, your boosting so does it go in your charge pipe or did you go with direct manifold injection?

Ya the wiring isnt to bad,
I have it in my charge pipe just after my bov.
By HeikDiesel
#329514 E-85 not an option?
By ohDirka
#329517 Snow Performance make a prett bad ass kit too. I've heard only good things about them. They may cost more though :???:
By bigpunn421
#329550 watch out where you place the nozzle and make sure to have a check valve. sometimes the motor can suck the water out like a straw when you dont want it to be injected.

it also ruins the coating companies use on there turbo turbines and supercharger coils. it could ruin the turbine without a coating too.

but all in all w/m is the shiz. i would reccomend e85 and w/m kit.

also try to get a light or a reminder to keep it full. last thing you want is to run out of meth and have your car blow up. i have seen it happen to many good men.

i like 100% meth no water. and its also better to run a nozzle for each cylinder. just like nos. direct port. 100% meth cools better too and has higher oct
By bigpunn421
#329551 watch out where you place the nozzle and make sure to have a check valve. sometimes the motor can suck the water out like a straw when you dont want it to be injected.

it also ruins the coating companies use on there turbo turbines and supercharger coils. it could ruin the turbine without a coating too.

but all in all w/m is the shiz. i would reccomend e85 and w/m kit.

also try to get a light or a reminder to keep it full. last thing you want is to run out of meth and have your car blow up. i have seen it happen to many good men.

i like 100% meth no water. and its also better to run a nozzle for each cylinder. just like nos. direct port. 100% meth cools better too and has higher oct

stuff works on all motor too
By MG6
#329630 Sorry to high jack the thread, but it is related :D

I might be parting out a Brand NEW Aquamist WMI system that I had kept for years and never installed it in my MR2 Turbo - since I have sold my beloved car :cry: