General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By rickshatch
#326863 the car is a 94 vx hatch with a z6 swap. i just got this car and just trying to see what this plug goes to. it's buy the brake booster.

also found this plug had some cut wires. it goes to the dizzy.
any ideas on these. thanks
By teal_dx
#326867 does the car run? any Check engine light codes?

Maybe they cut the wires to the dizzy to run an external coil. Hard to tell in the pic.

In the top pic, is the plug for the evap purge valve sensor?
By rickshatch
teal_dx wrote:does the car run? any Check engine light codes?

Maybe they cut the wires to the dizzy to run an external coil. Hard to tell in the pic.

In the top pic, is the plug for the evap purge valve sensor?

car runs good. don't know about CEL the light does not work. i'll try and get a better pic later.
the motor has a skunk2 intake and throttle body. since the evap purge valve sensor is not pluged up can i get ride of the charcoal canister.
thanks for the help
By rickshatch
#326964 i just got my helms and was looking at the plugs. i think the plug in the top pic is for the egr valve. the car is a vx and had the d15z1 motor in it. if you look at the bottom of the pic i think that is the purge valve and it is hooked up the harness and vacume line. what do think TEAL
By rickshatch
#327104 ok i just put in some new bulbs and the check engine light is on. when i jump the plug all i get is one long light a puase and one long light. it makes no sense. any ideas. also the cel stays on even after resetting the ecu. and the plug on the dizzy was just tapped into for a tach i think.
By suspendedHatch
#327493 Code 1 is for O2 sensor. The O2 sensor has to match the ECU in the car. Check the ECU for the 3 digit part number. Should be something like "P28". Possible that you have the stock ECU, in which case you go onto gassavers and sell it and buy a manual P28.

If not that, then maybe you have the original O2 sensor. In that case, you have to convert to 4 wire O2. If your emissions sticker says "federal regulations" instead of "California", again you can sell the O2 sensor on gassavers.