General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By canibeateg
#326802 Hello Everyone,

My EG got stolen in the area where I live. They cut my engine harness that's in my engine bay. Its a harness that has 8 wires (yellow and black), is there anyway to rewire this. Or is there some sort of diagram for this ?

Thanks

By rustyrex
#326804 if i am not mistaken that is the wiring for the injector resistor box. if it is just seal the ends of the cut wires, it is not needed as far as i know. I have a 95 civic cx hatch and my wiring like that does not plug into anything. It has a factory "cap" at the plug.
By canibeateg
rustyrex wrote:if i am not mistaken that is the wiring for the injector resistor box. if it is just seal the ends of the cut wires, it is not needed as far as i know. I have a 95 civic cx hatch and my wiring like that does not plug into anything. It has a factory "cap" at the plug.

Thanks for the info pal !
By canibeateg
teal_dx wrote:Yep, looks like a junction plug. I'd unplug the clip and see, but I believe they are all dead ends.

Oh okay, cool cool thanks. I still have to get my ignition wired because they hotwired my car when they took it. Thanks for the helps guys !
By brandoff88
#326814 haha whoever cut it thinking ima fuck some shit up lol, they are prety dumb, yuou can clearly see it doesnt go to anything lol...i have one too you can get that liquid tape shit and dab it on there and bam easy fix! sorry bout what happpend though, shit sucks!
By canibeateg
brandoff88 wrote:haha whoever cut it thinking ima fuck some shit up lol, they are prety dumb, yuou can clearly see it doesnt go to anything lol...i have one too you can get that liquid tape shit and dab it on there and bam easy fix! sorry bout what happpend though, shit sucks!

Haha that's good to know man dumb thieves. And yeah they basically took everything they could in the interior except my seats. And dashboard. I had just did a nice music setup pioneer all around with a nice amp and all that is gone. Sucks but I'm not gonna give up on my eg, just gonna repurchase everything this time just go harder and don't make the mistake of having it in the street like I did !
By bks84
#326954 Maybe invest in an alarm?

Those wires can all be soldered together.
By canibeateg
bks84 wrote:Maybe invest in an alarm?

Those wires can all be soldered together.

I got the car to start. Those "junction" wires there I connected it all together and the car started just fine. I have an alarm, not the greatest but they disconnected it as it was going off.
By bks84
#326970 If your connections are not secure your injectors will quit working...
By canibeateg
bks84 wrote:If your connections are not secure your injectors will quit working...

All connection were properly re wired and secured ! Thieves used what they call the "egg" in the ignition to turn the car on by turning it.