General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By HaydenSI
#325285 So It's not cold here in the mornings all the time. The temperature varies anywhere from 15 degrees to 60 degrees.

Every morning about halfway on my way to work (about 3-4 miles) My car throws a CEL. I can turn the car off and restart it while driving (not smart i know but it was a test) and it wont come back on. And it doesnt really do it on the way home from work. It usually after i let it sit overnight.

And since the light only comes on on my way to work or at a random time while I'm driving and then turns off when i stop the car and won't come back on I can run a code scan on it.
By teal_dx
#325288 Can you check the code when you get to work, before shutting the car off? Or do you mean as soon as you come to a stop with the engine running, the CEL goes away?
By asianrob
#325301 sounds like an O2 sensor.

it should be stored in the ECU tho, i guess it's called hard code? i forgot lol but i had an O2 that did that,

does it do anything else funny?
By HaydenSI
teal_dx wrote:Can you check the code when you get to work, before shutting the car off? Or do you mean as soon as you come to a stop with the engine running, the CEL goes away?

I tried that this morning on my way to work. As soon as I got off the highway the code went away.

The car has a D15B non vtec and runs fine. I bought it about 2 months ago so I don't know what was done to the car before hand. The only other weird thing it does is if I'm driving and I let off the at with the motor over 3k and slow down then hit the gas it blows smoke. But other than that it runs like a champ.
By HaydenSI
1-low-92-EG-Sedan wrote:i had same issue and it was my O2 sensor ...just my .02

I was assuming that could be it seeing as how to motor was swapped and has an aftermarket exhaust. I'm not sure about the exhaust sizing and I'm fairly certain the motor is 100% stock.

Should i go with an OEM replacement O2? Or upgrade?
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#325365 i personally got a boch sensor cuz it was cheap from my job and haven't had an issue since then..had it in for over 7 months or so