General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories

What brand of valvesprings:

17%
83%
By juls1488
#324478 good to know the supertechs can handle a boosted motor, my setup will be tame in comparison.
-D16Y8 block with D16A6 pistons, ~10.5:1 comp ratio,
-D16Y7 head milled .025in with a port n polish, Bisi lvl 2 cam shaft, AEM cam gear.
The setup should have ~10.5:1 comp ratio, the stock springs might be ok, but i don't wanna chance it.
Next payday looks like I'm gonna be ordering some supertech springs and retainers.
any other suggestions are welcome, since this really the first motor i'm building myself. :thumb:
By bks84
#324496 Pretty sure Supertech offers two different springs for Honda engines. A heavy spring and a light. check the specs and compare them to what bisimotos are on the springs they offer with their cam.

If you get to stiff of a spring it can lead to premature wear on the cam and/or rocker pads.

That's why I said the specs matter more than brand.
By juls1488
#324504 They are both the lighter springs. The supertechs are the lighter of the two, but barely.
I will agree with ya, the specs do matter, but tell me truthfully, if you had a choice between two identical springs, both in specs and price, but one was made by Blox and the other by Supertech, which would you choose?
Brands do matter a little. :lol:
By bks84
#324534 You're right I wouldn't use them. Simply due to lack of experience with them. It is definitely safe to assume they're shit based on name brand.
By Fada Blayne
#324548 Just like juice said in a nutshell, Supertech has been around for years and have countlessly proven themselves as being worthy for both comp and daily use. I'm going with either them or ferrea