General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Hoodride94
#318740 Whats up guys im new to this site thanks by the way for making this site its helped alot! Ok so like the title says my car is a 94 D15B7 5 speed it has 237xxx miles on her it got it with 217xxc a year ago for 500 bucks! Ok so the other day I was smashing down the freeway about 100mph down hill lol anyways I got home it was fine the next day I started her up and it felt like it was running in 2 maybe 3 cylenders so I let it warm up and took off for work it seemed to run ok just didnt have the power I was use to so I got on the free way and i could only do about 70 mph in 4th gear once I put it in 5 it just bogged down! Then I got to a hill where I use to go up in 5th gear at 75 mph I went up in 3rd at 55 then getting closer to the top I had to jump into 2nd gear at 40mph :x ok so I got to work and the mechanic said start with tune up stuff so I got plugs NGKs yes and it seemed a tinny bit better then I got wires not NGKs and it seemed the same so then I drove it home 37miles and I looked under the car my cat was glowing orange on the inside so then I took off the cat thinking it was clogged didnt help at all so then I read on here it may be the dizzy so I got one and its the same so I took it back put my old one back on still the same then a few days later I was driving and as I got close to home my CEL came on then I got home turned the car off and started it back up and it went away so then a few days went by again came back on and went away so then a few days ago I checked the gap on the plugs and they were I think 1mm under my hood it said they should be at 1.1mm so I regapped them now I got a little power back?? On the free way flat I can roll in 5th at 70 mph but when I floor it even down shift it still feels like I have no pick up and go like I use to its a little better but still not 100% the CEL hasnt came back on oh and before I checked the gap on my plugs I read here to uplug my o2 sensor and it seem to run abit better then after I did my plugs it seemed a lil bit better I dove about 15 miles then pulled over and plugged it back in and it felt like I jad alot more power so im lost guys any help would be sick things that I did NOT check timing,and to see if maybe the timing belt jumped a tooth and I dunno how old the timing belt is I even put fuel system cleaner in it and felt better to but didnt change the fuel filter yet so yeah if yall can help thanks
By Hoodride94
#318993 Alrite well since this post my CEL came on again and checked it got me a code 45 to rich or leananyways I pulled the cat off and holly sh!t clogged as fuck so I hollowed it out and wow it fixed most of my problem!!! Alot more power so I was told it could be my timing so I just adjusted it a lil bit and it is almost back to normal!! I need a timing light to fully adjust it but if anyone is looking t this ill keep u posted
By bigJOE671
#319003 Nice to know your fixed your problem...now you need to get another cat unless its not required for inspection. Unless you don't need a inspection.
By Hoodride94
#319277 Yeah I'm going to get a new one but i don't have to smog it for another year so I'm not worried about it right now lol so my problem is still not fixed :x I adjusted the timing with a timing light i lined it up to the red mark between the white marks on the crank pulley and yes i did the jumper to and i reset the computer WTF?!! Any ideas homies?? Please help