General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By JDMLYFE
#316281 What's up, I'm runnin a stock d15 non vtec and I'm sick of it! To slow. So I'm looking to do a swap. Now I was planning on getting a stock b20 and boosting it. But iv heard the cylinder walls are very thin and not a good motor to boost. My budget is tight. What should i do?
A lot of people said b18b boost?

Thanks
By sqkr_28
#316296 Wait till your budeget isn't so tight and research. You most likely go over your budget on your turbo build becasue of unexpected things that come up. There's plenty of research on the b series enginse to figure out which engine you should choose from
By JDMLYFE
#316298 I wouldn't say tight budget, but I'm not looking to get stage 3 everything and what not. Something where I can get the most power without risking blowing up my engine lol

B18b boost. 5-7 psi?
By JUICE
#316300 Psi is only relevant to the turbo that's pushing it... All B series motors in stock form are good to about 300whp on pump gas. Go above that on pump gas and the pistons start to melt.

I've ran 286whp on my bone stock B18b @ 15 psi for about a year now, beatin the hell out of it at the track almost every weekend.
By JDMLYFE
#316304 That's what u like to hear lol yours is bone stock!?!

I was only gonna go 7 psi but maybe more as I go on. How much was your setup? What all do I need? What do I look for ?