General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By dawg316
#314743 hey guys i just picked up a golden eagle adjustable cam gear for my car.

my question is how do i change the degree of it. i backed out the bolts twisted it. but it only lets me go 1* advance or retarded. i need another degree and want to set it at 2-2.5* advance. but the slots in the cam gear only let me turn it 1 degree. i took off all the bolts and turned it . but then my threaded bolt holts got blocked by the silver part of the cam gear/

any help ?
By bks84
#314906 why do you wanna do that exactly?
By bigpunn421
dawg316 wrote:hey guys i just picked up a golden eagle adjustable cam gear for my car.

my question is how do i change the degree of it. i backed out the bolts twisted it. but it only lets me go 1* advance or retarded. i need another degree and want to set it at 2-2.5* advance. but the slots in the cam gear only let me turn it 1 degree. i took off all the bolts and turned it . but then my threaded bolt holts got blocked by the silver part of the cam gear/

any help ?

i have installed these and i know for fact they move more than 1 degree.

i think you are reading the markings wrong. 1 mark doesnt mean 1 degree. if 1 mark was 1 degress there would be 360 marks

they move about 5degrees each direction.

there is 360 degrees in a circle. so if you move it to 1 out of 36 its 10 degrees.

watch out adjusting the mechanical timing if you have no clue what it does or how it works. you can destroy your stuff quick. usually leave that stuff for pros. anyone can swap a intake but anyone shouldnt adjust the timing