General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jred
#313136 I've looked and looked and found only very vague DIY on how to do this
do you just run the lines to the can from the valve cover and thats it or is there more to it?

By JUICE
#313137 On my LS's, you plug the hole where the PVC black box goes on the block and replace the two freeze plugs on either side of it with adapters to run hoses to. Then run two hoses to your valve cover. I'll post pics of the back of my block later.
By bigpunn421
JUICE wrote:On my LS's, you plug the hole where the PVC black box goes on the block and replace the two freeze plugs on either side of it with adapters to run hoses to. Then run two hoses to your valve cover. I'll post pics of the back of my block later.

please post pictures. i need a better understanding
By bigpunn421
#314535 thanks both of you
By jred
#314891 ok so I'll need 2 breather tanks or one with 4 inlets?? 2 from the valve cover and 2 from the block?
By rootbeer_eg
#314897 if im not mistaken the ones in the back of the block are drains for the catch can
the ones from the valve cover are to releave the crank case pressure
By JUICE
#314902 ^^ the freeze plug adapters on the back of the block are definitely to vent the block. The catch can drain goes to the oil pan.

If you have a 4 hose can, 2 to the valve cover, 2 to the back of the block. If you have a smaller 2 hose can, run both of them to the back of the block and put a mini filter on the nipple on the valve cover.
By jred
#314926 thanks dudes i now fully understand :thumb:
kinda simple to do when yuh think bout it :oops:
but do you have to drain it back to the engine?
seems like putting dirty oil back into your engine , can't you just collect it in the can and empty it when full?..