General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By 92civicEGsedan
#311743 my engine has recently started reving to 2k rpms then droping to 1k rpm when at a stop or slow roll, what could my problem be
By roy93
#315321 had the same problem recently. mine was the throttle body gasket. once it was sealed no more revving. if you dont have $$ to buy the gasket use gasket maker
By 92civicEGsedan
#315357 I replaced my head gasket at the beginning of the summer and my dads friend said if i have a air pocket in the radiator fluid that could be the problem but I didn't have the problem till I changed head gaskets
By 92civicEGsedan
#315797 I've been meaning to do it but it's just not in my agenda
By suspendedHatch
#316149 If you didn't do the head gasket exactly by the book, you'll have to do it again. I've known people who have done dozens of head gaskets on domestics and then think you can do a Honda the same way.

Did you use new head studs? Did you torque it to spec and in the required steps? Did you have the head and the block checked?

The first time I attempted a head gasket change on an Integra I had to do it over. ARP head studs ftw.
By 92civicEGsedan
#316360 Yeah I had the head and block surfaced and I got new everything and I torque it to the 2 torque step in the order I was supposed to do
By Apexracing
#316398 I'm going to say based on the work done bad intake manifold gasket. It doesnt take much. A quick way to check is mist water around the throttle body and around the intake manifold while the car is running. If water finds a way in the idle will change temporarily.
By 92civicEGsedan
#316471 I replaced all the gaskets from the block up
By Apexracing
92civicEGsedan wrote:I replaced all the gaskets from the block up

still worth a check.
By 92civicEGsedan
#327093 I lived with the idle problem since I posted this but I finally gotten around to it and i cleaned the IACV and it didnt fix it and so I took the FITV off and cleaned it and adjusted it to how it should be and put it back and the problem is fixed :thumb: