General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By white_eg_x
#311581 hello, today i was driving and made a right turn at a corner and i felt the car choke and rev really high and i was wondering what this is or if it has happend to you, car is a 95 civic auto hatch

thanks has me kinda worried, car runs great and starts up this is the 2nd time this has happend in 6 months

any input appreaciated
By bigpunn421
#311618 does you car have power steering? does it make any noises?

also it could be your fuel pump or fuel pickup. see if a full tank of gas causes the same problems
By white_eg_x
#311619 yes it does have power steering, and also i did the turn preety fast i didnt really stop, please help
By teal_dx
#311636 check your tranny fluid. since it revved high, that sounds like the torque converter may have been slipping. Hopefully it was just a little low on fluid and not going out. :thumb:
By white_eg_x
#311657 what? :? really i really hope not well i'll check the fluid right now and idk if it makes a difference i took the turn like at 40 mph preety fast and idk if it reved high, i am just assuming it just made a weird noise like :/ help what should i do to fix this
By teal_dx
#311662 think about it, if the fluid is low and it's sloshing around to one side when turning sharp corners, fluid isn't where it needs to be. Always start by checking the simple things, hopefully it's as simple as adding tranny fluid. :thumb:
By necropaulis
#312118 If you aren't sure of what happened, top off your trans fluid(try to smell the old stuff), find an empty parking lot and try to recreate it.