General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By WhiteRhinoEG6
#309474 HEY WHATS GOOD LOOKING TO SEE IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME A FEW POINTER RITE QUICK I HAVE A 96 EK WITH D16 ITS BEEN SITTING IN MY YARD FOR A YEAR.
OK CAR HAS A FEW PROBLEMS OUTSIDE AND IN THE BAY WHICH ARE-
NEEDS CATALYTIC CONVERTER
BROKEN IGINTION WHEN IT WAS STOLEN REST IS FRONT BUMPER AND BACK.
WELL I BEEN PLAYING WITH THE CAR FOR ABOUT THE LAST 2-3 HERE AND THERE WELL I DO OTHER JDM THINGS. I JUMP STARTED IT WITH MY 92 CX HATCH AFTER I HAD PUT TO PINTS OF OIL BOTTLES NEW SPARK PLUGS AND WIRE SET. I NOT SURE IF IT WAS A GOOD IDEA BUT I SPRAYED A LIL WB-40 NEAR THE BELTS IN CASE IT WAS STUCK MAYBE WELL I TURNED IT OVER AND OVER I GAVE UP I WENT AND HOOKED UP THE THE JUMPN CABLES AGAIN UNPLUG THE SPARK PLUGS THEN RE ATTACH THEM HAD MY LIL BRO HIT THE THROTTLE OFF THE CX WHILE I TRY TO START THE 96 EK COUPE AND AFTER TRY AN TRY IT STARTED LOL BUT THEN LIKE LESS THEN A MINUTE IT STARTED TO IDLE THEN SLOWLY SHUT OFF. I TRIED IT AGAIN AND AGAIN NEVER GOT IT TO START AGAIN. PLEASE HELP ME HERE I NEED TO FIX IT UP TO B DEECENT ENOUGH TO LET MY BM/KIDS RIDE IN IT TIL MY BD8 IS READY...PLEASE GET BACK TO ME IF ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM OR KNOW HOW TO GET AROUND IT IM ABOUT TO GO FUCK WITH IT NOW TO SEE IF IT WAS THE STARTER OR ALTERNATOR AT AUTOZONE 2 SEE IF THEY ANY GOOD... I B BACK TO CHECK POST SOON....
By FG2_Andrew
#309476 STOP YELLING!!!!!!!!!
By bigJOE671
#309484 Proper grammer applies here...yelling (YELLING) meaning all caps are not proper unless your in the military trying to write something on paper.
By WhiteRhinoEG6
#309487 ight koo im new to this website is that all yall going to pay attention too..im looking for help here and so what how i spelled it im just looking for help man. so can yall help or yall just here to check my spelling and if its in cap letters???
By teal_dx
#309498 You owe me a headache for reading/translating that.
Is it getting fuel? How did it run when it was running for a minute? How old is the gas in the tank? Sounds like spark is good. Is the check engine light on?
By WhiteRhinoEG6
#309512 LOL im new to this man. plus im using a chip ass laptop so it will skip words or go on cap on its own lol. i do my best
but yea, i the gas didnt have much so i filled in about $5 which is about 2-3 gallons. needle went up a little. at that time when it stated i aint hear any knocking or weird sounds. just "click, click, click rrmmmm" click as in turn the piece of the ignition(idk name but it connects to the wiring under the dash). like i said believe started and ran for less then a minute i would say and when it started i believe i had it hook to the power terminal and negtive hooked on the lil piece of metal off the starter/tranny. sorry i cant remember lol. my lttle bro was in front of the car when i was turning it. he said it was making a wierd lil click sound nea the tranny/starter. i left it as that told i got out late due to a lil rain in boston when i got to the garage i wanted start to taking the starter out to go checck at the nearest autozone to test it which i aint have the time to do...wasting it on painting my new alloys color for my EG...