General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By ExCoupe94
#308514 Running a b1 with a full size ef radiator just did the swap 4 days ago started laying heavy into it tonight parked at the quickie mart for ten minutes and steam started barrelin' killed the car left the fan running added water and limped it home temp was perfect all the way home got out lines were hella pressurized. Checked the coolant again seemed to be (copper?) Sparkles in the water/coolant.... input! Super plz!
By bks84
#308522 Did someone do a headgasket before you swapped the enigne? If they did, maybe that used that copper spray and its mixing in the coolant.

Aside from that, check to make sure all your coolant lines are hooked up correctly.

Maybe your thermostat, radiator or cap is bad.
By bks84
#308561 Arent they like $50 from the dealer (unless you know someone who works there)...

That said, Always used Stant SuperStats, never had an issue. Half the cost and it works just as well.
By bks84
#308619 There's a guy on here who said he paid $50 for the stat and gasket.

At any rate, until I have an issue with my $16 Superstat from Stant, I'll continue to use them. I'm all for OEM, but when there are cheaper alternatives on the market that work just as well, I'm more inclined to buy that.
By bigpunn421
#308680 you can check if its the t stat for free. just remove it, either inspect it to ensure its no faulty or start it back up with t stat removed. if its still building to much pressure i bet you have a clog somewhere
By ExCoupe94
#309148 Haha cool! Never thought of that and thanks for all the replies. But I figured out the issue... it seems that Honda decided to wire the radiator fan to the accessory circuit. I felt I didn't need accessories during remote start. Haha wrong! Ill be fixing this soon I'm just glad I caught it early.