General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By MarkCayabyab
#307208 alright guys so my car got recently stolen, nothing serious was taken just my steering wheel, my laptop which was crappy and my oh so cool raybans. Stupid me forgot to take off the steering wheel since it was a long day for me. Got it back few days ago and today i turned on the engine and opened my hood and i happen to smell gas and i looked there's a gash that's leaking oil to the thing that is connected right before the headers... so i was wondering how much would it cost to get that fixed? or what part is connected right before the header? Please and Thanks!
By suspendedHatch
#307438 Fuel line or charcoal canister line.

I think you're confused about what "header" means. There's no fuel going near the hot hot exhaust manifold.
By MarkCayabyab
#307488 It's an actual pipe. I'm pretty sure it's the down pipe because the hole is no where near the cat converter. I cant upload the picture right now cause I'm on my phone but supposedly the pipe has a cover I'll try to upload it ASAP[/img]
By MarkCayabyab
#307730 sorry guys really bad with words since i just started with cars few months ago. BUT the solution is that oil was dripping on my down pipe and since the exhaust is hot, caused it to burn the oil thus makes the smell of gas. Sorry guys :thumbdown: But the leak was coming from my oil pan and apparently my oil gasket was messed up so i decided to buy a new oil pan from honda and got some of that gasket sealer and voila!
By suspendedHatch
#307753 Terminology would help :lol: You car doesn't have a down pipe unless you added a turbo.

Glad you figured it out.
By FG2_Andrew
#307756 oil and gas are two VERYYYYYYYY different smells.

next time, to eliminate confusion, try taking some pictures > upload to MS Paint > add a circle or shape around what you think is going on ORRRRRRR where you think the issue is coming from

glad you figured it out though! we all started somewhere so no need to apologize! :thumb: