General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories

which one would you do

92%
8%
By redEGdriver
#306522 I got a 92 hatch that ive been wanting to either put a swap in it or build a turbo d16. Im interested in either H22, semi built b series, or be different and build a d16 turbo. What are your guys opinion on this. Ive been saving up money little by little and was wondering how much you think it cost to do an H swap? B series? or turbo d16? or what price and power differences is it from a D series and B series

I just want something that is going to be a little faster, i would be satisfied with numbers around 250hp.
By SkunkDcivic
#306574 you could make 250 with both builds easly but the h series is alot of work you got to cut things and move things unless they make mounts that now i know they make h serries swap but i know still you gotta cut and weld stuff
By FG2_Andrew
#306586 i like my Hondas how i look my women..
with D's not B's!

:chance:
By redEGdriver
#306608 How much do you think it would cost to do a somewhat reliable turbo build if i assembled the motor myself but sent the block and heads to the machine shop. Did all the turbo assembly and shiit. And then take it to a shop to get a good tune. what is a price that i should be expecting keeping in mind i got the motor (d16z6)?

any suggestions on build specs. Just want a car to have fun with and maybe produce 250-300hp.
By dbrooks
#307152 Fast, cheap, reliable. Pick two of those and go from there.
By poorman type-r
#307221 All I am saying is an H2B will run mid 12's with just I/H/E. Yes, it is might cost a bit more, but it is worth it in my opinion.
By Hatch-O-Doom
dbrooks wrote:Fast, cheap, reliable. Pick two of those and go from there.

This
Fast + Cheap Wont be Reliable
Cheap + Reliable Wont be Fast
Fast + Reliable Wont be Cheap

:lol:
By egcivic117
#309101 Please I need help I just bought a eg with a ls vtec swap in it with a b16 head.but the guy I bought it from shaved the numbers off(he said he didn't want anyone to know wht he was running) so I have know idea what the block is.is there any way I can identify what block it is.like through the ecu or something like that.or at a tune shop.please please help.
By 1ACarlos
#309109 Go with the D