General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By JDMLYFE
#306324 i got a stock d15, with headers, intake. has 263,000kms, it runs ok, burns a litltle oil but not to bad, is it worth putting money into it? ebay turbo? d16 vtec head?
By SkunkDcivic
#306326 No there's way to much going on there you dont a turbo on a engine leaking oil at all and with that many miles the bearings and piston rings would go fast unless you changed them but I doubt it I would buy a d16 build it for boost and then swap it in and I would stay away from eBay build it right the first time and you'll be happy and save a lot more money
By FG2_Andrew
#306336 To help get adequate responses, please post what the thread is about in the title! Just a little friendly advice..

Now, with your motor as it sits you can a few things:

1 - buy a d15b, d16z6 or other variate and swap it in.
2 - enjoy your motor for what it is a drive it until its dead.
3 - rebuild your current motor for cheap and enjoy it.
4 - go big

Let us know what sounds appealing and we will help in any way possible!
By TrailerTrash
#306361 buy a decent looking D15B or Z6 and check it all out before dropping it in. do the timing belt/water pump, replace bad gaskets, ect. then when u have it all ready to drop in, beat the ever living crap out of the oil burner you currently have and have a blast seeing how much abuse it takes.

engine blows(maybe) :lol: and you have a much more fun engine just waiting to be dropped in
By JDMLYFE
#310825 yeaa i want to get an engine soon and do a swap next summer, i want a b16 but not sure, i pretty much want the most power for as cheap as possible lol having a civic in ontario canada is :x to pay insurnce for!
By teal_dx
JDMLYFE wrote:i got a stock d15, with headers, intake. has 263,000kms, it runs ok, burns a litltle oil but not to bad, is it worth putting money into it? ebay turbo? d16 vtec head?

when you say "D15B" do you mean the JDM D15B vtec or the USDM D15b7?
By d-mon
teal_dx wrote:when you say "D15B" do you mean the JDM D15B vtec or the USDM D15b7?

yes!
post picture of said motor.
By JDMLYFE
#311545 non vtec, this is the only pic i have right now:

By FG2_Andrew
#311549 Is that a CX?
By teal_dx
#311550 Looks like a D15b7 or D15b8.
You can see the specs for each motor here:
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=171

You could do a mini-me swap. However, it isn't really worth it unless you already have the parts available or can get them for cheap. A mini-me swap will leave you satisfied for a while but if you want a really fast car (as most of us do) then you'll probably end up swapping the whole motor (since it's already burning a little oil) or rebuilding the motor and going with forced induction.

If you're just looking for a little more pep for a reliable daily driver and only want to drop a few hundred, then a mini-me will be a good choice.

If you want to have a fast car, I'd ride out the D15b7/8 that you have now while continuing to save for a swap. :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#311557 Agree x10000 with Brian.

B series are going to be more readily available as most people seem to be running k series now. Save back a few hundred beans, order a swap from an importer or save more money and chance a clist motor.

But in the mean-time, enjoy the mileage!