General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By cgerlecz09
#301677 so i have a 93 civic dx with a d16y7, when i got the car it had all the ac components except the tensioner pulley for the ac compressor belt so i picked on up from a junk yard slapped a belt on the compressor charged the ac and still blows hot air, could it be the compressor itself? i also just found out a fuse could be a cause for ac not to work, or whats the other possible problems? id really like to get it fixed before summer heat really start hitting i live in texas so its like ten times worse D: lol
By EJ1_MK
#301700 Check all the fuses related to the A/C system and then it might just be the compressor, kick it on and make sure that it is engaging.
By cgerlecz09
#301729 i briefly tried to check my fuses the other day but i dont have the cover on them or the sticker on there that tells me which fuse is which, i was thinking about getting a haynes manual so i can know for sure
By bradleyg
cgerlecz09 wrote:i briefly tried to check my fuses the other day but i dont have the cover on them or the sticker on there that tells me which fuse is which, i was thinking about getting a haynes manual so i can know for sure

No need to buy one, a little search on google found this: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2089