General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Fada Blayne
#300886 Hello my fellow civic brethren, I've been thinking about driving to go visit a friend in Canada as soon as i'm finished putting in my motor and getting a tune.. Now I know I shouldn't have any issues but i'm still somewhat skeptical about it. Looking at 1100 miles total. Let me hear your opinions, high compression b series.[/list]
By Ecc0
#300887 Like you have already said your not expecting any issues so it should be fine.

What kind of spec are you going to be running?

I done the same a few years back with my old coupe though I didn't split the block the whole car was a fresh build with new sus, subframe, engine, trans, exhaust, wheels the lot. After getting my camber and wheels aligned I travelled round euro for 2 weeks and done 2500 miles, the only issue I had was my alternator belt started slipping as I missed a washer off.

I would take tools and fluids as a just incase but for those kind of distances on a full run in car I would still go prepared.
By Fada Blayne
#300890 Thanks for your input.
Ill basically be running a 12.5:1 compression ls/v
By teal_dx
#300907 I'd put some miles on it first if possible. They say you shouldn't break in a new motor on the highway because of the constant RPM. City driving is supposed to be better because you use more of the rpm range. Maybe that only applies to older cars/motors, idk.
By Ecc0
#300913 This is similar to a conversation my friends and I are having about what's best to run in an engine easy light acceleration or full on hard driving
By Gordongk
#300916 How to drive a car while breaking in the engine is one of the most debated things I hear about. I didn't take my engine above 3K RPM for the first 1k miles. My girlfriend bought a new Subaru, and the owners manual said take it easy for the first 1k miles. I don't think it would have mattered much if I did take a hard pull on my engine when it had low miles.
By Fada Blayne
#300931 I was planning to break it in on the dyno :?
By Whodini187
#300980 Juice, Idk where or who that quote is from. It is fricken' awesome though. So true, lmao!!
By Fada Blayne
#301291 Good looks juice :thumb:

So ultimately I should be straight...
By bigpunn421
#310034 any updates on motor build? i want to see another b series supercharged on this site.