General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Ecc0
#300562 Started to notice a problem my temp gauge has started to shoot through to roof so thought I might need to top up my coolant but this is fine.

When bleeding the system through have noticed my rad fan isn't engaging, I think my thermostat needs changing anyway so will do that but will this stop my rad fan from engaging???
By SkunkDcivic
#300567 check the plugs that conect together see if there black or chard also if the thermostat doesnt fix itt
By bigpunn421
#300621 once the car is warm pop the hood and see if both the rad hoses are warm/hot.

if the lower one is cold the thermostat is stuck or faulty.

replcae it with oem. cheap and easy. follow the lower hose that goes right to the t stat
By EJ1_MK
#300626 As far as your fan not kicking on there is a switch that is on the thermostat housing, but I would bet that your relay of the fan is fried. It is under the hood in the fuse box next to the battery. The relay is a common problem in these cars. My integra did the same thing and I replaced all three items and everything work perfect now but it was the relay that was the bad part and it was the last thing I tried.
By bks84
bigpunn421 wrote:once the car is warm pop the hood and see if both the rad hoses are warm/hot.

replcae it with oem. cheap and easy. follow the lower hose that goes right to the t stat

Why OEM? Stant not good enough?
By bigpunn421
bks84 wrote:
bigpunn421 wrote:once the car is warm pop the hood and see if both the rad hoses are warm/hot.

Why OEM? Stant not good enough?

i just perfer oem. usually its lasts the longest and is higher quality.

oem is $25+- and aftermarket is $20. i would spend the extra $5+ to get the quality of oem honda.5
By bks84
#300755 Of all the stant superstats I've used... none have failed.
By Ecc0
#300759 Thanks for all the help I know the lower hose isn't getting warm so have got a new thermostat which I will be fitting today and will be checking the fan relay too though my fuse box is now behind the glove box (dam wire tucked engine bays lol)
By Ecc0
#300793 Just wanted to say thanks for all the tips after changing my thermostat I then changed my rad fuse and then had to change the rad relay which is what the problem was so all sorted and running good plus glad I changed the thermostat as it was looking a bit shabby and I got to flush my rad through and clean the chamber where the thermostat sit as the had loads of calcium build up.