General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Ecc0
#299472 I might be getting a new job that's gonna double my daily mileage so don't want to be ringing up the miles on my coupe or spending out the petrol costs either.

So my original plan was by like 54 diesel Accord and have that as a cruiser but can't find any good one. So I've been thinking or doing an Accord 2.2/2.4ltr diesel engine into an EG and having that.

Has anyone see this done before or is it possible. I would guess it'll be the same as doing a K swap but never worked on the devils juice (diesel) before so wanna start doing my home work.
By Flatland_EG
#299473 Honda made a diesel Accord?!
By Ecc0
#299476 Yeah think first introduced in 2002. I live in the UK so might not get them over the pond but heres one I've looked at.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-CTDI-SPORT-DIESEL-SILVER-HPI-CLEAR-/170796272968?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27c4404d48#ht_1329wt_922
By elrompetoto
#299491 propane both of my ef in dominican republic run on propane im wating on a sistem now 2 make my ef in the states run on propane. 20 bucks of propane will last u 2 times as long as gas :thumb: :thumb:
By newyorkhatch
Flatland_EG wrote:Honda made a diesel Accord?!

The engine model is a n22a or n22b. Both motors are about 150hp and 250tq
By Flatland_EG
#299592 Wow, those are some pretty damn good HP and TQ numbers. Considering what a diesel can do with just a reflash I'm betting they have pretty good potential for even more power. :thumb:
I'd love to see an EG blowing out black smoke like a big old semi. :shock: :D
By Ecc0
#299618 So not only will this be possible but should give me some nice figures for performance.

Does anyone know what I'll need to change like fuel lines, fuel tank, drive shafts, loom?
By bigpunn421
#299697 if it fit in the accord i bet it would fit. would be custom tho

would be the first that ive seen or heard of too.

i vote do it
By TrailerTrash
bigpunn421 wrote:
i vote do it

2nd
By civiceg09
#299715 that would be awsome! i wanna do this now! turbo diesel :thumb:

the propane kit does give alot of miles for the buck scince its cheap.. but motors go bad quick.. they use these conversions in mexico alot the kits are about 200 dollars..
By Ecc0
#299783 Right looks like its gotta be on like Donkey Kong.

I've started looking for an EG most my mates think a hatch would just be awesome though I was thinking a ferio. One as its the only EG I haven't owned and two would be the most practical for cruising the highways.
By Fada Blayne
#300154 You'd become a pioneer bro!