General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By SkunkDcivic
#299399 well im build my 2.0 gsr fully built for 600 plus hp but im starting to think that might be a bit to much for the street so im thinking 500 or 450 what do you guys think
By Hatch-O-Doom
#299400 All motor 600WHP????

Boosted built motor 600whp?

What do you wanna do to it?

I say anything over 350whp is alot for just a daily car.
Speaking from previous experience...
No need for massive power for a daily car.
By SkunkDcivic
#299411 well yeah turbo all motor would almost pe impossible and with a precision 6262 turbo
By Hatch-O-Doom
#299532 You can do it... its a decent goal.

but for a DD the car its alot of power, sure you will be faster then 90% of the cars out there... but for what?

Do you plan on tracking the car at all?
Will you have LSD? good gripping tires?
Gonna autox at all?
By SkunkDcivic
#299559 I'm.debating on LSD and its gonna see the track its more of a project car but I wanna drive it on the street a lot to tho
By Hatch-O-Doom
#299563 If you are anywhere near 600wph LSD is non debatable.

Your gonna have a one wheel wonder... I have a one wheel wonder at 275whp...
By 1ACarlos
#299575 Not a unrealistic. Go for it.
By SkunkDcivic
#299586 I know I can but on the street car 600 you know.what fuck.it j will go for it :thumb:
By Hatch-O-Doom
SkunkDcivic wrote:I know I can but on the street car 600 you know.what fuck.it j will go for it :thumb:

There is nothing wrong with having a 600WHP car...
But are you ready to build it to that...? Its a alot of time/money invested into it.

dont take my questioning as disrespect or anything...
But once you reach that kinda power, the car is not the same. Dailying it is a different thing. It gets harder to drive, need more self control to not launch the car at stop lights and destroy little kids who think there cars are the shit. and even with that.

I have delt with Twin Disc/ Carbon Clutchs/ High Boost/ High Reveing
All different types.... ( on Evos/DSM's) and once you reach those power leves its alot harder to drive the car and you start looking for a DD... I DDed a Jeep for a while cuz the evo was just not easy to drive on some drives...

Sorry bout the rant :/
By suspendedHatch
#299610 600hp is just a magic number in your head that doesn't mean anything. Have you ever been in a 300hp car? Have you ever owned a 200hp FWD? Would you know the difference if the car was 250hp and I told you it was 600?

We all started as kids with lofty goals. I certainly wont put you down for it. But consider this... for the amount of money you'll spend building a 300+ hp mid 90's Honda, you could buy a mid 2000's factory 300hp car and have lots left over. You wont have a huge crack in your dash, cable actuated climate control... you wont be scouring junkyards to find turn signals that aren't cracked and interior trim pieces you're missing.

Hondas are great because they're cheap. They respond to modifications like no other brand. If you know what you're doing, you can have a lot of fun and not spend a lot of money (relatively speaking). But they become a money pit. What confuses me is when people throw ridiculous amounts of money at it. Why? (Why did I do that LOL!)

FWD Hondas stop being fun above about 250hp. Everything breaks and has to be upgraded. The clutch is a pain, you have no AC and possibly no PS, your car is gutted, vibrates a lot, it's loud. Stupid people try to race you all the time. Your guy friends might be impressed but no girls will get into the car with you.

First build a 200-250hp Honda. If you're not having the most fun you can possibly have in a car, you're doing it wrong. Sell it and start over with a car that comes with 200hp from the factory. Keeping the front end down on a 600hp FWD car... well, let us know how that goes. 600hp and a transmission that doesn't allow your car to turn..
By SkunkDcivic
#299623 i actually took a ride in my friends hatch how has 647 whp and 515tq and it was freaking amazing but i think i want something less so i could cruise but i wanna see how much hp i could make but i dont have as much money is it as you think but i know what your thinking and saying so
By TrailerTrash
#299624 600hp is a fine goal... a goal to reach one day down the road after your sick of driving your 300hp car on the street cause shes a cranky bitch every time you have to pull out so you take it off the road and build the hell out of it for the track only.

something alot of people dont think about is what u have to do to get the power to the ground. "oh yeah i spent 1500 on my swap and 2000 on everything to boost it to 400hp" then after the first test drive he has broken axles, blown clutch, destroyed tranny, broken motor mounts, ect. theres alot more than just building the motor.

id say do a mild build without spending an arm and a leg and get around 200-250 or so and if u wanna go from there after things start breaking under the abuse, go for it