General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By JDMLYFE
#298413 i have a d15 soch, 260,000 kms, i need it to last until next summer, was wondering if there was anything i can do to get some power out of it, i just did a full tune up ,and will be getting a cold air intake soon, also not looking to spend alot of money as this engine has 260k , but looking to maybe add another 5-10 hp, let me know what you guys think, my buddy has a 1.6 vtec and i can keep up with him until he hits vtec lol
By TrailerTrash
#298441 you could get a header, full exhaust, quality intake, aftermarket intake manifold, and 1000 bucks later, only reach your 10hp goal.

you really arent going to make it a speed demon. you would probably be better off freeing up some power that you already have. lose the AC,PS, get a lightweight flywheel, and some VX wheels and youll notice a difference. also a shorter ratio tranny is a hell of a fun upgrade :thumb:
By JDMLYFE
#298442 oh ya! i got ebay headers lol they are pretty nice. they were chrome when i got them ,but turned brownish, how can i clean them up and get them chrome again,
By TrailerTrash
#298443 not much u can do about that. its from the heat of the exhaust gasses burning the chrome plating.
By couch_c
#298449 Can't really make a lot of hp without turbo, what you can do is weight reduction, it's free :) and get light weight rims
By JDMLYFE
#298473 yea im really not trying to spend alot of money, i also forgot to add, i have no AC or PS. i was thinking of gutting the back, but i still need my rear seats, would taking all the panels off in the back make a diffrenece
By couch_c
#298522 If you're talking about the plastic panels I doubt it, you can do some crazy weight reduction by taking out the noise/heat insulation on the floor, but the car will be loud
By TrailerTrash
#298527 unless you get ridiculous with weight reduction, its not going to make a difference.
By bigpunn421
#298587 buy a supercharger kit. its bolt on and easy to install.

jackson racing used to make a kit with a eaton m45 for d series. i used to have one and they are alot of fun. not crazy hp turbo fun but still damn fun time

they can add 30hp on stock boost and stock motor with there fmu
By TrailerTrash
bigpunn421 wrote:buy a supercharger kit. its bolt on and easy to install.

jackson racing used to make a kit with a eaton m45 for d series. i used to have one and they are alot of fun. not crazy hp turbo fun but still damn fun time

they can add 30hp on stock boost and stock motor with there fmu

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
https://www.google.com/search?q=jrsc+d1 ... 79&bih=606
By JDMLYFE
#298622 is it worth putting a supercharger on a motor with 263,231kms?
By familyEGuy23
#298649 I would love to have that supercharger too much for my budget. Weight reduction will not make your car go super fast. Like stated before intake, header, exhaust, and intake manifold all bolt-ons. But if your planning on replacing it in less than a year I would just stick to bolt-ons
By JDMLYFE
#298691 thanks alot :thumb: got an intake and looking for a intake manifold, any suggestions
By TrailerTrash
#298714 skunk2, blox, and edelbrock are pretty much the only options
By JDMLYFE
#298835 ok ill start looking right now, any good sites, ebay? lol