General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By JDMLYFE
#297490 whats up, i recently changed my thermostat, now im leaking coolant, it was just dripping but now its more of a constant leak, im thinking the thermostat housing isnt on tight enough, those things are a P.I.T.A to work with a there isnt much room for a socket.
By bigpunn421
JDMLYFE wrote:whats up, i recently changed my thermostat, now im leaking coolant, it was just dripping but now its more of a constant leak, im thinking the thermostat housing isnt on tight enough, those things are a P.I.T.A to work with a there isnt much room for a socket.

did you torque it to spec? install it properly?
By bks84
#297563 i use 1/4 stuff in tight places like that.

there are a few reasons it could be leaking.

improper install is probably the most common.

did you replace the gasket as well?
By JDMLYFE
#297599 i feel like such a newb lol i did my research before i installed it, i went to the local parts store to get the thermostat and the guy said i didnt need a new gasket, im guessing i did,my old one looked a little chewed up and thin, im going to take it apart today and buy the gasket, im also going to put a ultra thin layer of high temp silicone just to make sure,
By bks84
JDMLYFE wrote:i feel like such a newb lol i did my research before i installed it, i went to the local parts store to get the thermostat and the guy said i didnt need a new gasket, im guessing i did,my old one looked a little chewed up and thin, im going to take it apart today and buy the gasket, im also going to put a ultra thin layer of high temp silicone just to make sure,

Get the UltraGrey RTV sealant. IDK if its silicone, but its practically the same stuff as "Hondabond" that you get at the dealer.
By JDMLYFE
#298411 so i fixed the leak, but i broke a bolt on the thermo stat housing lol and the broken bolt is stuck inside the housing, but it isnt leaking or anything, what do i do? should i just leave it for now?