General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By kc12305
#295818 ok so i installed a fuel regulator in my 99 honda civic and i think i have bad plugs but for some reason i cant get the car to start i had it started ounce and it was ideling really well and things of that nature but when i turned the car off i couldnt get it to start again what might i need to look for as to why it wount start
By teal_dx
#295822 Check for fuel pressure, installing a fuel gauge is a must if you're going to be using an adjustable fuel regulator. Otherwise you might as well use a stock regulator.
I'd start by undoing what you just did and see if it starts then. But first check the obvious : spark, fuel pressure, timing, compression. With those 4 things, an engine will start. :thumb:

Also moving this to ENGINE - GENERAL since it's not about the Hatchback chassis. Please try to post in the corrct section. There's a guide to posting in the correct section in the Newbie & FAQ secion. :thumb:
By kc12305
#295823 ok well my regulator has a guage on it whats the highest psi it should be at around 40 ?. and im going to check my plugs i know my timming is good i had the car to start and run for 20 mins then i shut it off then it wouldnt start again .. thats as far as i got but i will put the stock back on tomorrow and see what happens
By kc12305
#295845 thanks teal.. but whats the highest psi the gaugue read 40?
By kc12305
#295929 hey teal this is what im using as my regulator
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Blue- ... 5890e36b3d so the out let is the bottom and the inlet is the side of it im not sure what is going on but there is a aleen head hex on the top of it im guessing thats how i set it ?
By kc12305
#295948 yah so does this one but no matter what i think taht my plugs are really bad i pulled them out and they were black burnt really bad im going to get new ones and then re install the regulator
By suspendedHatch
#296179 Adjustable fuel pressure regulators are all around a bad idea.

Besides that, you probably plugged the fuel line. Does the engine run when you put it back to stock?
By kc12305
#296182 yah i sold the car teal close the post please