General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By m73
#294099 Sup

My current exhaust is 4-2-1 headers into a 2'' straight pipe with a straight through muffler. Whenever driving it is stupid loud, I've tried a silencer but it didn't work out.

Would putting a cat or test pipe in quiet it or should I just look for a new axle back to replace the clear through muffler?

Or something else?
By FG2_Andrew
#294100 Best bet is to buy a new setup from header back. I'd make sure to get a name brand test pipe. And probably a magnaflow muffler.

Or get a gsr muffler.
By Apexracing
m73 wrote:Sup

My current exhaust is 4-2-1 headers into a 2'' straight pipe with a straight through muffler. Whenever driving it is stupid loud, I've tried a silencer but it didn't work out.

Would putting a cat or test pipe in quiet it or should I just look for a new axle back to replace the clear through muffler?

Or something else?

Get your self a resonator and a new muffler.
By jayEGR
#294170 i have a yonoka exhaust cat back and its quiet with a nice deep tone at high RPM here a pic of how it sits
By teal_dx
#294176 A cat (quality one, not ebay) will quiet down the exhaust and a resonator will help too.

But if it's an ebay muffler, chances are it has low quality packing which burns out over time.
By m73
#294606 I think I'm going to get a resonator and a axle back, seeing as its currently a single pipe with no flanges except at headers.

will I need to get a cat with this setup also any suggestions on brand?
By Apexracing
#294607 Well if you want a cat you can get a magna flow high flow. should bolt right into your manifold from there you can add the proper mid pipe with resonator then the axle back of your choice. Piece it all together or just order the cat, then a cat back system bolt it all up and your good to go.