General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By teal_dx
#293680 It's a generic exhaust on ebay, so it will probably sound ricey and get louder/more annoying as the cheap packing burns out of the muffler & resonator.

Also I'd be surprised if that cat had anything in it to help reduce emissions.

When buying an exhaust, you get what you pay for. Stick with name brand (HKS, Skunk2, apexi etc) if buying on ebay.

A name-brand used exhaust would be a better investment than a new generic one from ebay. :thumb:
By -paul
#293731 Agree with Teal!

However, who knows about Skunk2 these days? :P
By bartman201
teal_dx wrote:It's a generic exhaust on ebay, so it will probably sound ricey and get louder/more annoying as the cheap packing burns out of the muffler & resonator.

Also I'd be surprised if that cat had anything in it to help reduce emissions.

When buying an exhaust, you get what you pay for. Stick with name brand (HKS, Skunk2, apexi etc) if buying on ebay.

A name-brand used exhaust would be a better investment than a new generic one from ebay. :thumb:

x2
By FG2_Andrew
#293879 Over the years I've bought several eBay exhausts. Of the 3 I've bought new, 2 fit and help up for years, 1 fit horrible and I ended up selling and buy a vibrant system

They are hit and miss, man. If you are hard up for money.. Buy it, keep it looking fresh and resell after you save up for something nice. Or, as Brian said, buy name brand used. You gotta do what gets you on the road!

Also, never forget to check out the sellers rep on eBay!!!!!
By 92hatchie
#295853 skunk2 megapower exhaust sounds dope! i just installed mine n im happy with it..
By inagawa
#297442 I just got a Ebay muffler, and a 2.5" Cat and headed to the exhaust shop, lol
By Hatch-O-Doom
#297483 Hey man, I have this exhaust!
Same one, Sounds god fucking awefull! Horrible, at Idel its loud as shit, Mid throttle gotta yell to speak the the passenger in the hatch.

and WOT fucking annoying... I thought it was a deal when I bought it and I regret it!
If you did buy this only way to make it sound decent is to weld in a resenaor and even then it still might sound awefully.

What I did to make it sound somewhat better was, I threw in a Turboed B20 and now it is still loud but its deep and sounds good... I do wanna quiet it down a bit more.