General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By JangoFeet08
#293515 Can I use an american spec distributor on my D13B2 engine?
It's from a european spec civic. 1992 EG with the carb engine.
I'm trying to order from Amazon.. I've found a few dizzys that look just like the one on my car, but I want to be sure before I order.

Any clues?

If you need more info, lemme know and I'll try to get it!
By Apexracing
#293518 just make sure the dizzy is for the correct engine, if the part numbers match you should be ok.
By deschlong
#293649 Prob won't work. There were no carb'd Civics in N/Am for this gen. You need 30100-P01-G01 ... if you can find that, then you're golden... however, I doubt any N/Am retailer will have it.
By JangoFeet08
#293877 Thanks for the replies!

So far, I can only find ones sold my german sites and they wont accept a US billing address. I live in Germany, so I have a german shipping address, but my billing address HAS to be US...

Kind of in a bind..

Checked the local junkyards, and they dont have one with my engine..
I'll keep looking.
By deschlong
#293909 Well, they probably accept direct bank transfer payments? That is very common in Germany. You should have a German bank acc't, no? Easy as pie.
By deschlong
#294271 YEahhhhh... but you can OPEN a German bank account, no? I have family serving in Heidelburg - opening a Euro bank account was a no-brainer.

Plus, there must be auto parts stores that you can go to in person, and avoid buying online altogether.