General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jred
#288299 hi Happy new year to all :thumb:

i've been getting this problem off and on lately, while im driving on third or second gear my car just loses all power all of a sudden and the engine wont rev even if i floor the pedal it jus stays at idle and bucks sometimes and then when i take it out of gear it revs normal, it seems to me that it only occurs when the engine heats up to just below the half mark on the temp gauge " which is normal temp right?" it dont always do this but i get it like maybe 3days out of 7 in the week...
do any one knows what this could be? Fuel issues? a bad dizzy? some thing with the gear box?....
my engine has some back pressuring "bad rings" would that be part of the problem?
info will be greatly appreciated :thumb:
By jred
#288460 ne one :?
By Apexracing
#288470 Possible bad ground? idk the problem sounds pretty phantom. I had a cx hatch that burned oil like crazy because of bad rings, and it still ran fine. So i wouldnt think rings would be the issue. Do you have a check engine light on or is it throwing any codes?
By jred
#288488 im using a auto ECU on a Manual car so the light does be one constantly " its just temporally until i put the hondata in"...which is later this year when i finish my build and swap in the new engine in.....
By Apexracing
jred wrote:im using a auto ECU on a Manual car so the light does be one constantly " its just temporally until i put the hondata in"...which is later this year when i finish my build and swap in the new engine in.....

Have you tried a manual ecu? Maybe thats the problem.