General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Ael
#287401 i have a local unit 1994 honda civic LX ph15 engine (carburetor type) that's already showing signs of it's age, is it possible to convert it to fuel injection? what other engine parts are needed to be replaced in order for the fuel injection conversion to work? thx Need advice i dont want to replace my car i love my first car..( Centimental value )
[/img]
By Classiccarsrule85
#287445 Ok now im basing this off my knowledge from taking a 1st gen crx si and putting in a 1st gen integra engine into it since most of the civics that year were carbed.....

you would need either a different engine or drivetrain setup with the correct intake manifold injectors and such its probaly going to be easier to also grab the front chassis harness that goes from headlights to firewall across again and back into the firewall to the other side that big main harness which will allow you to use the obd1 ecu etc since obd0 is a whole different ball game but im going to be talking obd1 since its the best route to go in my opinion....so you have engine corrasponding intake manifold with obd1 injectors obd1 engine harness for that engine and obd1 chassis harness for fuel injection the other thing now im not sure if this is true with egs but you will need a gas tank one that will work with a fuel pump setup for fuel injection at least thats how it is on the older carb to fuel injected swaps and with that the fuel pump leveler etc other then that i think that just about covers it its a fair bit of work but if you can get a parts car thatd be your best investment you get all that

sources
civic-eg
redpepper racing

these sites will help and redpepperracing is for the gen crx civic i was talking about which should give you a basic idea of what you willl need
By Ael
#287680 Thank you for advice, do you think that corvert to efi it will last and more efficient gasoline? Im worry that my engine broke after and more parts to replace and lot of cost to fix?

By the way im from the philippines and i fix my car on my own. Its a big project for my first car.
:hehe:
By Apexracing
Ael wrote:Thank you for advice, do you think that corvert to efi it will last and more efficient gasoline? Im worry that my engine broke after and more parts to replace and lot of cost to fix?

By the way im from the philippines and i fix my car on my own. Its a big project for my first car.
:hehe:

Philippine Engines have there own codes.so its going to be tough. if you can post pictures of your current engine, and ecu that would be more beneficial.
By Ael
#288268 Okay i will post it when i got home. And for the codes engines and chasis number only registered. please standby for the post. Thank you! :lol: [/img]