General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By 92civic_vx
#284660 My lower rad hose is staying cold even when the temp gauge is at normal. I have heat after like 15 to 20 mins from cold start. Top of the rad is hot yet the bottom is ice cold. It does not overheat :? Could my thermostat be bad or is this normal on hondas.
By 92hatchie
#284673 i had the same problem. ur lower hose should be hot. i found out that it my water pump gave put. when i swapped the water pump both hoses were hot.. check if ur coolnt is circulating.
By 92civic_vx
#284674 I replaced the water pump when I did my minime swap. That was about 14k miles ago. The thermostat housing gets hot but the hose don't. I just checked it again after just driving for 40 mins. Still cold
By neo27ny
#285479 I have the same exact problem after removing and reinstalling the radiator. Feels like there is no coolant in the hoses. I thought maybe my radiator got plugged from moving it around when i took it out that i stirred up some junk. I wouldn't think my water pump would suddenly go just cause i took the rad out. But anyway I have the same problem and I have a new radiator coming. Let me know what you find out. I'll post back if I figure anything out also.