General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By fire_king
#283510 Hi hope someone can help me out on this

Engine b18c Civic eg

If i try starting the car it wont start straight away have to try it a good few times to get it started. Once its started it starts with a misfire i cant give it gas when it first starts as it just dies if i do. After a few seconds of leaving it to idle the misfire go's however when setting off in 1st gear it starts to missfire again unless i give it very light gas then its fine. Also if am in 2nd gear onwards below 2000rpm it starts to missfire when full gas is given and cuts out but if light gas is given its fine. Above 2000rpm it is fine weather i give it full gas or light.

I have checked the spark plugs and leads which seem to be fine. These are ngk spark plugs and nology leads

Really hope someone can help me out on this

thanks
By fire_king
#283539 No check engine light. I am running a msd digital 6 with msd cap ( 82933 ) I havent changed the cap as off yet will be ordering one soon as i can find one. Could that be the cause to it? its only started doing it since its got cold
By teal_dx
#283553 Yeah I'd give that a try first. I had MSD ignition and took it all out and went with OEM because I was having spark issues with the MSD cap & external coil.
By JUICE
#283558 I've had sorta similar issues when my fuel filter was clogged.

even if it doesn't fix the problem, never hurts to do. only like $14 and easy to change.

and yea, I've heard of MSD's causing more problems than helping. It's a completely unnecessary upgrade cause our stock ignition systems are good for over 500HP
By egbeegee
#283572 It could also be an injector that's pretty easy to find out too just start the car and have it running and then disconnect each injector harness one at a time and see if anything changes there. But yeah it could be a few diffrent things! Good luck! :thumb:
By fire_king
#283597 Thanks for the replies. I will have a look at the injectors today. Ordered a replacement dizzy cap kit MSD one for now but think this will be getting changed to a Honda one at some point.

Also when the car is started ( warm ) and give it gas on idle it wants to cut out unless I let go off the gas if I don't it just cuts out.

I have a AEM wideband and readings are fine on it also got a FPR with gauge and that is also reading fine in case that's any help.

This issue has only started happening about 2 weeks. The only thing that's been changed on the car are the speedo clusters for s2000 ones.
By fire_king
#283602 I have tried to start the car this morning but it didn't start. Didn't have chance to look at it as I had to go work. I have got enough fuel in it. It ticks over like it's gonna start but it dosent fuel pump is primeing aswell. Still no cel :cry:
By fire_king
#284787 Managed to get the car started replaced dizzy Cap and a wire that was going to the external coil also one off the ignition leads were broken. Having another issue now tho when I switch the ignition on the fuel pump does not prime the first time I have turn the ignition off then back on for it to prime any info on this please? Also the heater fans are not going off i have changed the relay but still stay on they are electric for a import honda civic eg

Thanks
By fire_king
#284939 Just to add also getting a code 68 anyone no anything about code 68.
By tegpower18
#284953 You sure its a 68?

OEM>MSD for sure....I would def do away with the msd but you can also go to harbor freight and get a spark tester and pull each cylinder at a time and start it up and check the spark and how strong it is at the wire and at the cap.

Next I would do a compression test and check fuel
By fire_king
#284962 I am 100% sure it's code 68. Also the car is getting fuel. The only issue am having is when I switch on the ignition the fuel pump does not prime unless I switch the ignition off and put it back on. Also when the fuel pump is not priming all the lights display on the cluster main fuel relay clicks when this issue accures. Apart from the issue the car drives Perfect.

I have done a ecu reset but still showing code 68. Lastly the cel does not display the fault on the clusters once the car is started