General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Civicxtree754
#281732 So I need to know if I install standard size pistons and rods to beef up a spare d series block for boost will I have to do anything like balancing or blueprinting? I've just breifly heard of it being done. Didnt know if it applied to me if i was going to use standard size low compression pistons, stock crank, and forged rods as well....? Thanks guys/ gals? lol.
By egbeegee
#281743 iv herd that if you want to do it it wouldn't hurt, but from what I understand its really only needed for high reving motor. Like na builds that are gunna rev 9k or more.
By teal_dx
#281770 Honda cranks are already pretty well balanced. As mentioned, if you plan on going over the factory rev limit, then balancing would be a good idea. A good set of aftermarket rods/pistons should already be within a certain weight specs of each other.
By Civicxtree754
#281774 Thanks for the info guys.....H-T was no help! lol. I plan to get a spare bottom end soon....havent decided on which D series bottom end to use yet. Ive read the z6 ha s a great oil pump and crank.