General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#281154 ok so i got a glow shift water temp gauge and i am having some difficulties...at the moment i dont have any way to hook it up correctly with the new sensor they gave me..but i was wondering if i could maybe splice the wire into the existing sensor for the time being so the gauge actually works instead of sitting at 100 ...and if i can splice the wires...wut ones do i splice and where...thanks in advance
By necropaulis
#281906 GlowShift is cheap junk. I got one of their "universal" wideband digital displays. Not only was it a sweeper(I bought numerical) it didn't work (no lights, nuthin'), called them up, they tell me I gotta buy their whole o2 system. I had another buddy that I help throw a voltmeter in and it was internally shorted. Since you already got it, though try using the single post connector under the distributor. Is there something wrong with your OEM gauge??
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#281913 i already got everything fixed and working now...and no there is nothing wrong with the OEM gauge...it just has no numbers and i would like to know what temp. my car is as actually running at instead of guessing...but as far as the brand glowshift goes...my boy has three gauges by them in his subaru and has no problems with them and mine work just fine
By necropaulis
#281916 Sometimes you get a bad batch, good to hear you got yours running right :thumb: