General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By zx14bird
#277829 I'm looking to make the switch from turbo Mopar to Honda and i was wanting to know witch motor to go after for big power. I'm wanting a hatch and i love the look of the eg hatch. I'm also wanting to know if they made the eg hatch with a b series motor in it, and if so what years.
By EJ1_MK
#277830 They only made the hatch with an b series engine in Japan. And a custom b18c could make upward up 900+ easy. But it will just take a lot of time and money and large turbo.

It all really depends on what you are wanting to do with it. you can make great power out of D, B, H, and K just depends on your budget.
By Gunni
EJ1_MK wrote:They only made the hatch with an b series engine in Japan. And a custom b18c could make upward up 900+ easy. But it will just take a lot of time and money and large turbo.

It all really depends on what you are wanting to do with it. you can make great power out of D, B, H, and K just depends on your budget.

it was also available here in Europe .. :wink:
By zx14bird
#277865 I'm wanting to make a car that can run 10's at the drag strip and also take it to track day events and run it on the road course. I have seen D series motors make 600+ hp and that would be good enough for me. What year did they start putting the B series motors in cars here in the US. I have also been looking at DC2's. I have wanted 3 cars sense I have started driving and they are a Eagle Talon AWD Turbo, DC2 and a Eg hatch. I have a 97 AWD Talon turbo with a modest 330 hp that i picked up 2 1/2 years age and now it is time to start looking for the Honda that i want.
By zx14bird
#277867 No matter what car i get it will end up with a turbo and a full motor build.
By d-mon
#278083 10 second quarters are routinely done on both b and d series platforms.