General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By TENGOKU25
#277293 what should i do if a rocker cover bolt snaped in the head .. as i was changing my gasket and tightening up my bolts 1 snaped and is just hanging in there . will it affect the compression or will i have to put gasket seal in and around the bolt ?
By JUICE
#277298 replacing the stud is pretty easy. when i twisted one of mine off i siliconed down the little washer so it wasn't spraying out oil. changed it after a couple days once i had a chance to get to Honda
By TENGOKU25
#277304 after doing a little research it dont sound as bad as i thought . but now im scared to take it off to see were it snaped and as well to clean up the shavings and do the bolts back up as dont want to snap any more :cry: ...and how long will silicone gasket last if i just do that ?
By 603 jdm
#277383 i did the same thing with my d15b7, it was 8 dollars and change for the shorter one and 9 and change for the longer one. the longer one is a lil more indepth with replacing but still easy, the rear tould be easy depending on how it snapped. u have any pics of it?
By teal_dx
#277391 If part of it is sticking out of the hole (usually you don't get this lucky) then grab it with vise grips and twist out. If it broke off inside the hole, buy a reverse drill bit to get it out. First drill a pilot hole with a regular drill bit and then use the reverse bit and it will grab what is left of the bolt and twist it right out. Put some rags around the hole so no metal shavings fall into the head. :thumb:

Most people over tighten those valve cover bolts... I believe the manual only calls for 8 ft lbs which you can probably do with your fingers.
By TENGOKU25
#277400 ok sounds not that hard and bad .but ill find out tomorrow were it broke . but i dont know how good the others are going to be as i tightened them up all most the same as the 1 that broke and thinking they might brake when undoing them :/ . god some times i hate aluminium :( but that was my first time changing a cam gasket ... if i cant get buy any bolts . will other non vtec Ds fit the z6 head ? like same size