General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By OhShft!
#274763 im gonna say b20vteccc :thumb:
By poorman type-r
OhShft! wrote:im gonna say b20vteccc :thumb:

IMO b20v's are monsters for a N/A builds, not for turbos.
By RWMIII
#274771 See what we mean? Everyone has their own tastes in motors. Do some digging and find out what your taste is. Go ride in a couple of swapped cars and see which motor you like best :thumb:
By EJ1Prospect
#274775 ya your right I already have a b20b head I just wonder what would be the strongest bottom because I got to thinking that time attack would be alot more fun then street racing
By EJ1Prospect
#274787 believe me I have lol they are def inspiring.
By Gustavo
poorman type-r wrote:

x2. I use 2 say b20's suck :blah: n then my friend got 1 n i was like :jawdrop: Yeah i like b20's now. They r torquey. Never under estimate a b series motor.
By poorman type-r
Gustavo wrote:
poorman type-r wrote:

x2. I use 2 say b20's suck :blah: n then my friend got 1 n i was like :jawdrop: Yeah i like b20's now. They r torquey. Never under estimate a b series motor.

I agree with you totally, they are monsters I drove a 260hp built N/A b20v. I was scared to even jump on it, but at the same time they are known to jump timing which is a major headache. My opinion is to not put a motor together and then turbo it, but instead to just get a B18c1 and turbo that and still rape everything on the street. Plus too much torque on the street isn't really too fun when you are spinning through your first three gears.
By pacs
#274815 constant 160MPH? are you serious bro?

street racing isnt worth it. go to your local track or strip and have a go there. concentrate on knowing about the best set up for your car. and not building something that could get you in trouble or kill you. this is real life man, theres no RESET or PAUSE button you could push before hitting a tree.

if you really have DEEP pockets and really want to go for your goal i suggest you save the money (or credits :D ) get a high performance car and build from there.
By EJ1Prospect
#274867 LMAO I know its not real life it was a general question.. Im trying to build my coupe for SCCA
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#274886 watch out for them spun bearings in them B20's
By Gustavo
poorman type-r wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
poorman type-r wrote:

I agree with you totally, they are monsters I drove a 260hp built N/A b20v. I was scared to even jump on it, but at the same time they are known to jump timing which is a major headache. My opinion is to not put a motor together and then turbo it, but instead to just get a B18c1 and turbo that and still rape everything on the street. Plus too much torque on the street isn't really too fun when you are spinning through your first three gears.

I keep telling my friend 2 slap a gsr head on his b20 but i think he wants 2 turbo it. N yeah i would hate spinning through my 1st 3 gears.
By Fada Blayne
#274916 I almost lost a friend of mine to street racing last weekend... im good
By Fada Blayne
#274917 If you got money a K or an H should put you close to those speeds in stock trim.
By EJ1Prospect
#274923 ya im going to go with a b20 for my scca coupe. im going to put pictures up the guy who Im trading my ED6 for is on his way now ! Cant wait im amped! I always wanted a coupe