General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By ForneyHatch
#273000 I am completely certain that I will eventually need an upgraded radiator. Currently, I am using my stock CX radiator on my B16A without problems. Its fine for just everyday spirited driving. Road racing will be putting constaint strain on my motor's cooling system. Which radiator can handle this? Thanks for any input!!!
By ForneyHatch
#273010 looks like an awesome product, thanks
By RWMIII
#273014 That thing does look beastly :thumb:
By EJ1_MK
#273016 Baffled oil pan and oil cooler would help as well. Any aluminum radiator will help drop cooling temps as well. The biggest issues on the track is the oil sloshing around and the sump going dry and burning up the oil pump.
By bks84
#273109 Ive been looking into a "crank scrapper", from crank-scrapper.com for my soon-to-be "race" car... lol.

Helps w/oiling and all that cool stuff
By FG2_Andrew
#273118 ^ will be picking one of those up!
By bks84
#273124 also, does that radiator/fan setup come w/an actual shroud? or just the plastic fan and the radiator?

if it doesn, you may actually run into issues. especially if you're "hot lapping" the car.

my buddy has a mishimoto radiator w/a slim fan on it, cant remember size or cfm but after 3 or 4 "fun" laps after a mid-August auto-x event he experience higher than normal temps (gauge would rise). He swapped on a stock fan and shroud and the problem went away.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#273125 any radiator other ther than stock will basically work.... just make sure theres a fan..
By OhShft!
#273131 Koyo radiator is what i run and i love it
By JUICE
bks84 wrote:also, does that radiator/fan setup come w/an actual shroud? or just the plastic fan and the radiator?

if it doesn, you may actually run into issues. especially if you're "hot lapping" the car.

my buddy has a mishimoto radiator w/a slim fan on it, cant remember size or cfm but after 3 or 4 "fun" laps after a mid-August auto-x event he experience higher than normal temps (gauge would rise). He swapped on a stock fan and shroud and the problem went away.

it comes in the box ready to install with the best shroud of any aftermarket setup I've seen...
By RWMIII
JUICE wrote:
bks84 wrote:also, does that radiator/fan setup come w/an actual shroud? or just the plastic fan and the radiator?

it comes in the box ready to install with the best shroud of any aftermarket setup I've seen...

you can clearly see in the picture that the shroud is an excellent design :thumb: