General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By OhShft!
#270192 hey so when i pulled my block apart i found that my crank is junk and so is every crank on Craigslist so im debating on a 87.2 eagle crankshaft what do you guys think?
By Mr. Pink
#270198 get an OEM crank. i have heard of eagles snapping. So i wont run their product.
By That One Dude
#270235 Definitely don't waste your money on an Eagle crank. I have an OEM LS crank (89mm stroke) that measures out within spec, no spun bearings, and only minor wear from the rear main and oil pump seal if you want it. PM me if you're interested.
By OhShft!
#270266 my only problem is i ordered pistons and rods for my gsr block so idk if the eagle rods will fit and work properly
By Mr. Pink
#270278 they should i have used eagle rods on stock cranks before.
By RWMIII
#270317 ^^x2

i would use the ls crank.
By That One Dude
#270354 With the LS crank come some benefits (slightly more torque being pretty much the only benefit), but unless the rotating assembly is fully balanced, the engine can't spin up to where the GSR could from the factory. And you have to either modify or delete the oil jets all together unless you just want four small chunks of steel getting banged around the crank case until they settle down in the oil pan.
By OhShft!
#270364 i orderd the eagle rods for a gsr wont trhey cause the pistons to smack the valves
By That One Dude
#270371 GSR rods on an LS crank will cause the pistons to hit the cylinder head. The LS rods are shorter than the GSR rods allowing for the longer stroke of the LS crank.
By OhShft!
#270440 i know that but what im saying is i orderd eagle rods and pistons for the gsr as in i was assuming to use a gsr crank so your saying i have to by new rods
By That One Dude
#270448 No, if you're still going to use a GSR crank, you did the right thing.
By bks84
#271246 If you intend on using or finding a good GSR (or ITR) crank then the rods you bought will work. If you cant find a good GSR/ITR crank and opt to use a LS crank then you will have to get new rods.

Shouldnt be too hard, rods are pretty easy to sell! Are they H or I beams?
By OhShft!
#271348 H beam so idk and y gsr is 84mm bore and with an ls crank its like an ls b20 vtec gsr? Lol? And i wanna boost it and thats what im gonna do
By That One Dude
#271369 The GSR has the same bore as the LS/B16/B17/ITR engines. They're all 81mm bore. The only B-series that is different is the B20 at 84mm bore but with the same stroke as the LS at 89mm. The GSR/ITR cranks stroke out to 87.2mm.
By OhShft!
#271383 so im gonna have a b20vtec with the gsr stamp haha