General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By That One Dude
#271384 Are you going to have the bore punched out to 84mm?
By OhShft!
#271385 yeah then sleeving it with darton sleeves
By bks84
#271386 So now youre going to have a sleeved bottom end? You make no sense.
By OhShft!
#271388 what are you talking about im boring my gsr block out to 84 mm with je pistons 9:3.1 cr and im sleeving the block with darton sleeves but my gsr crank had a spun rod bearing which is why i pulled the motor so why not build and it do it right ? i was gonna do a eagle crank but they said not to so im curious about the ls crank what are you talking about?
By bks84
#271391 Oh, I see. LOL.
By That One Dude
#271398 If you're going to boost your engine with the stock sleeves bored out to 84mm, you're asking for big boom.

Get the engine sleeved for 84mm before you put any sort of positive pressure into the cylinders.
By bks84
That One Dude wrote:If you're going to boost your engine with the stock sleeves bored out to 84mm, you're asking for big boom.

Get the engine sleeved for 84mm before you put any sort of positive pressure into the cylinders.

I hope thats what he meant when he wrote his last reply. If not, yea, boring a stock sleeve to 84mm is asking for problems.

IBsomeone says a b20 is only an LS bored out... lol.
By OhShft!
#271408 Haha it is i know better then to boost on that! Thats why im not cheaping out and bought darton midwest pro sleeves (: and yeah a b20 is a ls bored out with better cams i think
By That One Dude
#271409 That's what I thought...just kinda got a little concerned there for a second.

The B20 is a bored out LS with the same head, intake manifold exhaust manifold, distributor, valves, and cams. It's literally just a bored out LS.
By OhShft!
#271411 Thats what i thought hmm well that make sense and yeah im interested in your crank thoo(: