General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Flatland_EG
#266187 I've got a D15B7 and was wondering if there is anything special I need to know about installing a new TPS sensor.
It's attached with those funky looking screws that bare a strange resemblance to pop rivets so I know I have to notch those to get them out and I think I remember reading that you have to calibrate the new TPS sensor when you put it in as well so it reads properly, I just want to be sure, so any insight will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :thumb:
By RWMIII
#266296 reset ecu after swapping it out. and to calibrate it just hook a meter up to it and turn it until it reads .48V (closed throttle) then tighten it down.
Last edited by RWMIII on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Flatland_EG
#266385 Thanks :thumb:
I was thinking it was something like that but I figured it's better to ask than just go do it haphazardly. :)
By blk92hb
#266459 before you take out the old one get the voltage, so you can put the new one at the same voltage.
By Flatland_EG
#266469 The new one actually came with instructions on what the proper voltage is supposed to be and what pins to get the voltage readings off of.
Heh, who knew.:D
Every other part I've replaced never came with instructions of any sort, I always had to look things up. :)

I see there's no DIY of this on the forum so I think I'll take some pics and make one. :thumb:
By blueyes
#267976 i believe the voltage should be 0.5V when close and 4.5V at WOT

there are tutorials on youtube also

good luck on the DiY
By Eg6H2D
blueyes wrote:i believe the voltage should be 0.5V when close and 4.5V at WOT

good luck on the DiY

Yes the above statement is true. 4.5v at open throttle and .5v when closed.!!

being off by a few volts makes a huge difference in performance!!

Calibrating is sooooooooooooo much easier through hondata!! =] Good luck it's the middle wire on the plug that you are going to probe ! FYI!

:thumb:
By RWMIII
blueyes wrote:i believe the voltage should be 0.5V when close and 4.5V at WOT

good luck on the DiY

Misposted, correctly edited now :thumb: .

it is actually 0.48v closed for all Hondas. and 4.5v at wot.
By rmp705
#270373 when my d16 vtec is running and i disconnect my tps nothing changes
does this mean that my tps is bad
By 603 jdm
#274545 i thought it was just me that had the wierd looking pop rivet things on my tps? haha any idea on how to take them off?
By RWMIII
603 jdm wrote:i thought it was just me that had the wierd looking pop rivet things on my tps? haha any idea on how to take them off?

dremel a slot into it and use a screwdriver to back them out, or carefully use a chisel to chisel them out. You will have to go to a hardware store to get new screws though. Unless you can get them out cleanly with the dremel/screwdriver technique.