General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jmoshe
#265417 Hey guys... I once read that moving the timing belt 1 tooth foward or backward would increase power vs better gas mileage.. Could you tell me which is which ?
My timing looks perfect... RPM~ 600-700 but my power is low.. Cyl. pressure is about 120psi in each.. other than that car runs OK... I just need a bit more power esp. at start-ups..
Thanks
By teal_dx
#265442 I would not do what you are describing... at all. The engine will run horrible. The correct fix is to replace the rings and/or valve seals to get your compression #'s where they should be.
By TrailerTrash
#265443 I wouldnt do that is I were you. your probably lacking in the power departement because of your stock D15 :lol:

If your cars having trouble starting I think you have other issues and don't need to be messing with moving the timing belt. If you really wanna play with the timing try moving the distributor
By d-mon
TrailerTrash wrote: If you really wanna play with the timing try moving the distributor

uh, NO.
with those compression #'s, like teal said, most probably the rings
how many miles?
By TrailerTrash
d-mon wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote: If you really wanna play with the timing try moving the distributor

uh, NO.

it was a joke