General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Honda4life
#263045 Ok so I took my throttle body off and cleaned it as well as put a new gasket on and when I turn my car on, it starts having a high bouncing idle. Is this normal? Should I reset me ecu? Shed some light on this please
By EJ1_MK
#263046 Did you clean you Idle air control valve that is underneath the throttle body? Does it continue after the car is warmed up? Most go bad and it will start at cold idle and surge form 1000 to 2000. If this is the case then you will need to clean it out let it dry and since there is coolant flowing through it it might just have air in the coolant lines.
By Honda4life
#263156 i had cleaned my idle air control valve and fast idle control valve out a month ago, but maybe i need to again since i just cleaned my throttle body out?
By beerys95lx
#275325 it sounds to me like a vaceum leak check the intake tube and all the waceum lines if you don't find it there take some brake clearner and spray it on the intake and vacium lines will the car it running be careful when your spray the brake clearn it is flamable so don't this with the motor is hot unless u want to blow up
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
EJ1_MK wrote:Did you clean you Idle air control valve that is underneath the throttle body? Does it continue after the car is warmed up? Most go bad and it will start at cold idle and surge form 1000 to 2000. If this is the case then you will need to clean it out let it dry and since there is coolant flowing through it it might just have air in the coolant lines.

:thumb:
By ccornewell
#276267 I going with a vacuum leak since mine had the same idle bounce when I got it. It turned out to be about a 1 inch piece of gasket missing on the back of the throttle body. Easy fix after I drove 90 miles home with it leaking.