General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jred
#261881 so i have an option, im getting a new motor ( B16a) for cheap but i currently have a B16a but the bottom end isn't at the best and will cost me too much $$ to rebuild..my initial idea was to buy the new B16a and sell my old 1 and add alittle more money and upgrade and turbo charge the new B16a, oooorrrrr i could keep the old B16a and jus sell the gear box as im getting a LSD box with the new motor and buy a B20b Block and mate it with the b16 head and build that as a race engine little by little, i have a Management System already (hondata s300) so tuning wise it wont be a issue

so which route do yall think will best and which route would you go?

daily driver B16a + B20vtec race engine project build
or
full on B16a Turbo?
By poorman type-r
#261892 Personally i would do b20vtec NA build. That's just because i am in love with that motor and i have seen first hand how fast you can make those monsters. I've seen people brag about there k-swaps and turboed cars that still couldnt keep up when the b20v cracked vtec. If you are going to make it as fast as possible i can write down the same set-up a friend of mine had and the parts he was going to get, if you want. Sleeving is a must!!! That's the one thing my buddy didnt do and he did regret it once he cracked his cylinder.
By poorman type-r
#261980 Also, a GSR head would be better for the b20v build.
By forcefedEG
#261991 I <3 my turbo b16.... its like the little engine that could I only take it out to romp on it, its abused constantly.... and my old turbo ls on a base map walked the dog on a friends semi Honda built dyno tunned b20v..... and my b16 runs better than the boosted ls..... :wink:

But for what its worth I've seen some impressive b20v builds my buds was stout for what it was :thumb: